Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Monocle and Mustache Owl

    I was contacted to do a Fashion Show and Silent Auction fund raiser for the local Salvation Army.  I will post a picture show of that when it's over.  But I thought that I might share the Owl bag that I did for the silent auction.  


   This is what it looked like before I finished it, I added a pocket on the inside and cleaned up the lines.  The pocket was made from the same as the face fabric, it had a mustache out of the dotted material that makes up the bow tie.









    Here is what I started with, most items are scraps.
A canvas bag that has a printed logo, a piece of black crushed velvet, a sample of upholstery fabric, polka dotted fat quarter, brown fleece, and a fuzzy yellow.  Plus some buttons from the stash.

    You can see that I kinda already have starting drawing out the owl that I want.



Once I have the idea, I have to make a pattern for the face and the hat.






Then I cut out of the fabric and place it on the bag to make sure that it covers the printed logo, that I like the combo of the fabrics. I also made the bow tie.
So far so good. Now for the eyes.  As you will learn I have a TON of buttons.  some times it takes me an hour just to find the perfect buttons.
                            This was the second jar of                      browns, but I found them.

So there you have it!
" I mustache you a question, but I'll shave it for later!"

Thanks for the ♥!

No comments:

Post a Comment