Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Working Me

 I work all the time, usually at home. Either at my sewing machine, or in the kitchen.  I am the maker of one of a kind Lush bags.  I also make recycled skirts from vintage bed linens.  I am making more clothes that I ever thought I might.   I'm making everything from free form skirts to patterned  Civil War reenactor camp dresses.  I'm getting ready to take on my wedding dress, that will have a steampunk feel to it.  I sew on the same machine that my Da bought his mother when he got out of the Navy in '68. It's a Kenmore, that had all the bells and whistles back in the day.  I also have a serger that was gifted to me from a dear friend.

 I have a 111 yr old house, that is always needing something, usually paint!  I have painted all 11 rooms at least once, some rooms have been pained 3 or more times.  We are currently ripping up the nasty floor in the den. We re-carpeted it once, but seeing that we have a few cats, it had to pulled completely up. Now what to do with it.

  I'm getting ready to take the plunge, walking down the aisle on the arm of my Da.  While I have been married to Nate for 14 years, we went to lunch one day and were married by 5.  So we are planning a Steampunk circus wedding.  With my Da as the Ring Leader and hopefully a stilt walker and a fire eater.

  I'll keep blogging on, letting more of me out and showing you the next year of my life unfold.

Good night

2 comments: