Thursday, August 29, 2013

Steampunk Coat

So much has happened. The wedding was crazy!  I'm blogging to enter into the world again with what that machine is making.  I went to Gen Con 2011, and made some Steampunk outfits. The one that I'd like to share today is from a pattern Simplicity 2172.  Steam Ingenious is having a contest. So I'm posting it here for all to see.  I'm not one for skirt wearing, so I did make pants (created my own pattern) for the outfit.



Here is the front of the coat before I finished it. For the pictures I have it paired with a plain black corset, the white pants and belt with leg straps that I made.



Here it is at Gen Con 2013 with part of my wedding ensemble.

And one more of the back.  I added some hook and eyes so that I could gather the coat in a pin tuck fashion.



Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment